If you would like to become a member of FBC, we ask that you fulfill the following expectations in accordance with Scripture:
- BELIEVE - The Scriptures identify the members of the body of Christ as those who have responded to the grace of God through faith in the person and works of Jesus Christ. Salvation comes to those who repent from sin and place their faith in Christ’s death on the cross for the forgiveness of their sins.
- SHARE YOUR STORY - The most important aspect of becoming a member of a local church is having a clear understanding of the gospel and its transforming effect on one’s life. Therefore, we ask everyone who desires to become a member of FBCPG to share their personal testimony of faith with an elder.
- BE BAPTIZED - If you have not already undergone believers’ baptism (at FBCPG or another church), you must do so prior to being received as a member of FBC. In virtually every case in the New Testament where someone trusted in Jesus as their Lord and Savior, the person was baptized, or immersed, in water as an outward expression of their faith.
- PARTICIPATE IN OUR DISCOVER FBC CLASS - The Discover FBC Class is offered during the Sunday morning adult class time at 9:00 a.m. and is lead by one of the staff or elders. Those who desire to become members of FBCPG may attend this class to find out more information, including FBC’s mission, vision, core values, and core beliefs, as well as all membership requirements and expectations. It provides each person with an opportunity to ask any questions they may have and gain a clear understanding of what they are committing to by becoming a church member. Current FBCPG members are welcome to attend as well!
- MEMBERSHIP COVENANT - We ask that new members sign a Membership Covenant when officially joining our church family. The Membership Covenant briefly explains each of the expectations of membership at FBCPG.