If you would like to become a member of FBC, we ask that you fulfill the following expectations in accordance with Scripture:
- BELIEVE - The Scriptures identify the members of the body of Christ as those who have responded to the grace of God through faith in the person and works of Jesus Christ. Salvation comes to those who repent from sin and place their faith in Christ’s death on the cross for the forgiveness of their sins.
- SHARE YOUR STORY - The most important aspect of becoming a member of a local church is having a clear understanding of the gospel and its transforming effect on one’s life. Therefore, we ask everyone who desires to become a member of FBCPG to share their personal testimony of faith with an elder.
- BE BAPTIZED - If you have not already undergone believers’ baptism (at FBCPG or another church), you must do so prior to being received as a member of FBC. In virtually every case in the New Testament where someone trusted in Jesus as their Lord and Savior, the person was baptized, or immersed, in water as an outward expression of their faith.
- PARTICIPATE IN THE MEMBERSHIP SMALL GROUP (or its equivalent) - Several times per year, a Membership Small Group, lead by one of the staff or elders, is offered for those who desire to become members of FBC. During each of its twelve-session, the Membership Small Group will cover a number of topics in detail, including FBC’s mission, vision, core values, and core beliefs, as well as all membership requirements and expectations. It provides each person with an opportunity to ask any questions they may have and gain a clear understanding of what they are committing to by becoming a church member. It also provides potential new members with the opportunity to be experience community and fellowship through our small group environment. If, for some reason, it is impossible for a person to attend the Membership Small Group, the same content may be covered by meeting with an elder in a different venue, approved by the elder team.
- COMPLETE THE MEMBERSHIP REQUEST FORM - This form (located at the end of this document) is an official request for membership into FBCPG and a formal way of expressing one’s commitment to FBCPG’s mission, vision, core values, and core beliefs, and to fulfill the ongoing obligations and expectations of members.
THE NEXT MEMBERSHIP SMALL GROUP BEGINS ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3